Friday, November 14, 2008

Straightening out the blog!

Hello All,

Irena here checking in from Singapore!

I have finally managed to straighten out the blog posts that were mis-dated. Somehow Cress's computer was set to a month ahead for a while - so a few of the posts were showing up on the wrong dates. I have put them all back in order as best I could, and removed some of the duplicates.

As for me, I have been pouring myself into work these past couple of months and luckily (I suppose) it has been an extremely busy time for me. While Cress has been sailing from Hawaii to Fiji and Vanuatu, I have been traveling to Thailand, Malaysia and Vietnam for work. So, I guess we have each been working hard in our own ways - although, when I get somewhere, I don't get to snorkel and drink Kava. However, I do get to stay at excellent hotels, go shopping and eat at great restaurants (after I finish work for the day, that is!) - plus I am getting 8 hours of sleep every night!

Let's just say that is had been a difficult time being apart - for both of us. We have managed to stay in contact over email daily, and that has kept us going. That and the fact that we are both committed to getting Conversations home to Singapore as soon as possible. I will be meeting Cress and crew in Darwin for a week or so - assuming they manage to get the boat there by next weekend. From there Jan and Bob will be heading back to Winnipeg, Dennis and Rita back to Vancouver and a new crew will come on board for the final leg of the jouney - Darwin to Bali, and Bali to Singapore.

I think those last few weeks will be the hardest (for me at least). Our good friends from Singapore - who are also sailors - Cliff and Fiona, will be part of that last crew - and they have been doing a fantastic job of keeping me sane over the last couple of months. I will miss their company and their generous hospitality and will have to work hard to stay "up" for those last few weeks on my own. I suppose there is always Christmas shopping! Luckily I also have 2 adorable grandchildren to Skype with, and all of my sisters and good friends.

So, one more week to get to Darwin! I am really looking forward seeing everyone on board - but especially, can't wait to hug my very salty sweetheart :)

Irena

No comments:

Post a Comment