Thursday, August 7, 2008

Conversations jouney coming to an end!

Hello hello,
youngest current slav... ahem crew member of Conversation 2 here. I'm feeling different things about this journey and I'd like to talk about them here. I have had a wonderful time sailing with this wonderful crew. I am both sad and happy that this journey is coming to an end. I am sad because i will miss the wonderful, life changing experiences that I have had on this boat. On the other hand I am happy to get to land, have a shower and just be in Hawaii.

Boat Experiences
I have had many great and wonderful experiences on this boat. Here's some of the best ones. My first graveyard shift (12-3) getting up out of my nice warm bed. Putting on my clothes in a trance, and climbing up on deck to a nice crisp breeze mixed with an absolutely amazing view. There were stars upon stars upon stars, there were so many they became utterly uncountable! Thousands of stars gleamed down on our little portion of the pacific ocean, and with no lights around for miles and miles, the milky
way gleamed silver in the pitch black night sky. The phosperescence (please excuse my spelling) lit up the breaking waves with a gleaming, purplish light. That was the most amazing experience, and even the thought of how few people had had the amazing luck to see that sight. The second most stunning experience came today while swimming. I did a dive of the swim-grid, surfaced and was part-way through a dolphin kick a few feet under the surface when I opened up my eyes to a sight that has no words
to describe how beautiful it was. It was a light sapphire-blue glimmering with different hues. The next best experience would be just being here. I am speechless how great an experience it has been.

Meals
The meals on the boat are so fabulous they deserve a section all on their own. I of course can't mention these meals without mentioning the chefs with amazing talent that prepared these meals. Leona and Irena completely outdid themselves with cooking our meals. I wonder how much our bill will be for all these gourmet meals. From eggplant with tofu and homemade tomato sauce to lamb curry to beef stew, we've had it all.

Well that's it for now at least,

Jordan "young 'un" Clarke

1 comment:

  1. Jordan,
    Your mom sent me the link to this blog and I just read your entry and love it. Your trip really sounds spectacular!!!
    Savor it,
    Anita (remember me? I know your mom from the February 97 list)

    ReplyDelete