Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Day 6 is upon us

The Trade winds took about 9 hours off yesterday and played silly bugger with me. I gybed the boat back and forth from side to side as the wind came in starts from this side and that until I had gybed five times. Each gybe takes about 20 minutes to complete single handed. Finally, just after midnight the SE trades returned and I have been in the clover ever since. Despite the slow down, I still covered 146 miles yesterday.
My position as of 1540 local time is S 07 02 E 099 47, sailing a heading of 280 magnetic at a speed of 6.5 to 7 knots. If you were to google earth that position you would see that I am about 150 miles off the south east extent of Sumatra, headed for India! Still waiting for today's weather files over the radio, but as of yesterday, I still need to sail about another 2 or 3 days west before turning north keeping the worst of the doldrums to my right (starboard) as I go north.
Not much to say today, except that I am running around the boat looking for things to fix - I am always rewarded. I must have made the adjustment to being here.
Cresswell

No comments:

Post a Comment